Add a little extra flavor to your LAP-BAND diet with this delicious Lemon & Dill Chicken Recipe from Eating Well!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (1-1¼ pounds)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, or canola oil, divided
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 1½ teaspoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear until well browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 1½ teaspoons oil to the pan. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk broth, flour, 1 tablespoon dill and lemon juice in a measuring cup and add to pan. Cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan; reduce heat to low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a warmed platter. Season sauce with salt and pepper and spoon over the chicken. Garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill.
- Per serving: 170 calories; 6 g fat(1 g sat); 0 g fiber; 3 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 12 mcg folate; 63 mg cholesterol; 1 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 28 IU vitamin A; 3 mg vitamin C; 19 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 339 mg sodium; 272 mg potassium
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0
- Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat
For the full recipe, instructions and more, visit: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/252591/lemon-dill-chicken/
For personalized information on LAP-BAND surgery click here and ORBERA click here.
If you would like to learn more about Dr. McEwen and his Community Surgery Center Hamilton team please visit our Facebook page or call our office at 317-621-2500.
Want more inspiration? Follow our socials for a closer look at life with the LAP-BAND® team!