Mexican food is amazing and not hard to adjust to fit your new LAP-BAND diet. Below is a recipe Dr. McEwen’s dietician believes is perfect to feed those Mexican food cravings while closing following the LAP-BAND nutritional guidelines.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 2 small chopped bell peppers,
- 1 small chopped onion,
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 oz canned diced pimentos
- 1 lb. minute steak, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons of fajita seasoning, low sodium
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet then add peppers, onions, garlic and pimentos. When crisp-tender, remove veggies and set aside.
- Add remaining teaspoon olive oil and heat. Sprinkle steak with fajita seasoning as desired then brown.
- Divide veggies and steak between 4 bowls. Serve with cheese, salsa and sour cream, if desired.
For personalized information on LAP-BAND surgery click here and ORBERA click here.
If you would like to learn more about Dr. McEwen and his Community Surgery Center Hamilton team please visit our Facebook page or call our office at 317-621-2500.
Want more inspiration? Follow our socials for a closer look at life with the LAP-BAND® team!