Currently, there are over 220,000 ORBERA balloons in over 80 countries, making our ORBERA program a leader in the gastric balloon treatment. With that in mind, our ORBERA program is ideal for patients who need/want to lose 20-30 pounds with a body mass index (BMI) of 30-40 and have had several attempts at weight loss with diets, exercise and other programs.
Three things you need to know:
- The ORBERA Balloon is a temporary treatment: To receive treatment you must be willing to follow a 12-month program, beginning with the placement of ORBERA and continuing with 6 months of in office follow-ups, that includes a healthy diet and exercise plan. It is important to understand that if the diet and exercise program is not followed, you will not experience significant weight loss results; in fact, you may not experience any weight loss.
- We will help you succeed: you will be supervised throughout our program by our team with providers, weight loss experts, and dietitians. . Our team will help you make and maintain major behavioral changes in your eating and exercise habits.
- Did we mention our ORBERA balloon is temporary? The gastric balloon is placed for no more than six months. Any time the balloon is in the stomach for longer than six months puts you at risk for complications, such as bowel obstructions, which can require additional surgery and possibly be fatal.
Now for the real question: Is our ORBERA balloon for you? The below check list can serve as guide, though a consultation with Dr. McEwen is highly encourage to really know if this will be the best option for you:
- Want/need to lose up to 30 pounds;
- Have had multiple attempts at weight loss with diets, exercise, or other weight loss programs;
- Have a BMI between 30-40;
- Understand and will agree to remove the balloon after six (6) months;
- Agree to actively participate in the dietary and behavioral modification program;
- Not interested or eligible for other gastric weight loss surgery and
- You are ready to kick start a healthy and successful weight loss journey!
For personalized information on LAP-BAND surgery click here and ORBERA click here.
Let us get you in for a consultation with Dr. McEwen! Our number: 317-621-2500.
To learn more about Dr. McEwen and Community Surgery Center Hamilton team visit our Facebook page or call our office at 317-621-2500.
Want more inspiration? Follow our socials for a closer look at life with the LAP-BAND® team!