How the LAP-BAND Can Help

The LAP-BAND System can help improve the following:

 In four studies, 90% improvement or resolutions of common and serious co-morbidities within the first year after LAP-BAND surgery:

Type II Diabetes
64% resolved, 26% improved, total 90%

Diabetes in the #1 reason in the United States for adult onset of blindness, amputation, increased heart disease risk, increased risk for stroke, increased risk for kidney disease, and more. Nerve damage from diabetes is called diabetic neuropathy (new-ROP-uh-thee). It can lead to many kinds of problems.

Sleep Apnea
93% resolved

Approximately 38,000 people die annually from complications caused by sleep apnea.

Hypertension
44% resolution, 35% improvement, total 79%

Hypertension leads to the following problems:

  • Damage to your arteries. This can result in hardening and thickening of the arteries (atherosclerosis), which can lead to heart attack or other complications.
  • Aneurysm Heart Failure. A blocked or ruptured blood vessel in your brain–stroke weakened and narrowed blood vessels in your kidneys. Leading to kidney disease.
  • Thickened, narrowed or torn blood vessels in the eyes, resulting in vision loss.
  • Metabolic syndrome.

Asthma
34% resolved, 59% improved, total 93%

Asthma leads to increased risk from a pulmonary standpoint. One of the top 5 reasons for missing work. Sleep disturbances.

GERD
76% resolution, 14% improvement, total 90%

Complications of GERD include irritation and inflammation of the esophagus (esophagitis), narrowing of the esophagus (stricture) and an increased risk of esophageal cancer.

Sound Familiar?
Do any of these conditions sound familiar to you? Losing weight can not only make you feel better on the outside, it can save your life.

Learn how the LAP-BAND System can help. Make the call today: 317-621-2511. Or e-mail us at: cconwell@ecommunity.com. Or visit our Web site for more information: http://www.lapbandindiana.com.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.